Trust in the Lord, and do good; dwell in the land, and cultivate faithfulness. Psalm 37:3
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Search this Blog

Labels

Monday, December 5, 2011

Welcome Christmas

Even though I have been listening to Christmas music since the beginning of November, now that it is December Christmas feels very close!  The house and the tree are decorated, shopping is almost done, Christmas cards have started to arrive and it's about time to start baking!  Oh, and I can't wait to do the gift wrapping!
Here are some of the things that make our home feel worm and festive, ready to celebrate the birth of our Lord!

The Tree!
It has to be in the corner this year.  We rearranged our living room a few months ago and this is the only place for it without moving every piece of furniture.  It's actually kind of nice to have it less accessible to Kinslie.  We will just pull the chair on the right away for Christmas day.
The kids really had fun getting out ornaments from the past few years!  I love how sweet and sentimental Lucas gets about this kid of thing.  He's such a sweetheart.

Oh my lovely stockings from Pottery Barn.  I have been waiting for these for years.  Last year Brian let me get one for Ella and Lucas and this year before I had even given it a lot of thought he took me to the store in the mall and said we could pick Kinslie's!  (They are still waiting to have names sewn on them.  I hope to get that done before Christmas arrives.)  Maybe next year we can get the matching ones for Brian and I.


It the small touches are special.  Some Christmas cheer on the window sill over the kitchen sink.  And one of my favorite Antique store finds...  I think it is a couple of buckets from an old grin elevator.  Each season I ad something new to dress it up. 

My Favorite...  The Nativity scene!  In a perfect place, on my favorite piece of furniture, my blue china hutch.   (it's a dumpster find from about 6 years ago!  SCORE!  I'll have to post a picture of the full piece sometime.)
As a child I remember how special it was unwrapping each piece of the Nativity.  It was a pearly blue, ceramic set that my Grandma had made.  And my most favorite part of decorating!  Sweet memories!  I love that we are creating that kind of memories for my own kids now!

I hope your home is feeling Merry and Bright!  Happy Christmas Season!

No comments: