Trust in the Lord, and do good; dwell in the land, and cultivate faithfulness. Psalm 37:3
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Search this Blog

Labels

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Lucas Weston Bare




He is Here!!!!
Lucas Weston Bare was born today, May 7, 2008 at 7:17pm. Weighing 6 pounds 7 ounces and 19 inches long.

We came to the hospital at 1:00 and started pitocin at 2:30. Dr Shaya came and broke my water around 4:00 I think and I asked for the epidural soon after. I only had to push for about 20 minutes and then Little Lucas was in my arms! We had an incredible nurse and most of all Brian was such a help to me! He was at my side every minute and a constant encouragement to me when I was just ready for the end to come.










Lucas is so sweet and has a nice head of blond hair. He is sleeping peacefully at the moment but I'm sure he'll be ready to nurse again soon.

Ella came with my parents and she was very eager to see baby Lucas and really enjoyed holding him (with Daddy's help). She talked to him and gave him a sweet kiss. She doesn't seem to be distant from me at all which was a relief to my heart because I did tell myself she might not be happy with my attention on him.

It was really a blessed day and we are thankful for God's loving and gracious hand upon every moment.

Enjoy the pictures!!

1 comment:

Julie said...

Yeah! He's here and healthy! He's so cute...we need a good picture of his blonde hair! Ella's hair was dark when she was born, wasn't it? Do you think they look alike at all? Oh, congratulations! I am sure you are just thrilled to have him in your arms! Don't you just love to see Ella interact with her brother???