Trust in the Lord, and do good; dwell in the land, and cultivate faithfulness. Psalm 37:3
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Search this Blog

Labels

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Something New

We are trying something new here on our website... I've never used a blog before but it seems pretty cool and quite easy to update! So here it goes for my first blog entry! ...




Our little Bare Family has been doing quite well! Praise the Lord! As most of you probably know we are getting close to the due date of our second little one. We are expecting a boy and have chosen the name Lucas. We don't have a clue as to what the middle name will be so if you have any suggestions please pass them on to us!

We had a regular doctor visit today and he also had an ultrasound done to see the size and position of the baby! He is head down thankfully and measuring a little small. They say he's about 5 pounds and 13 ounces right now which puts him in the 27th percentile. My doctor says that is no cause for concern especially since we know Ella was and still is on the small side. I personally am very ok with delivering a small baby! hehe

It was great to see our little son again! We could see that he has quite chubby cheeks and a cute button nose. (I hope you can see in the pictures!) After that visit Brian and I are so eager to meet the little guy! Brian seems to think he may come early!
-The first pic is a profile and the second is a front view of the face.-
A friend of mine just had her baby boy last weekend and another friend left me a message tonight to let me know she was heading to the hospital with contractions. These things add greatly to all the excitement in my heart!



We have been working with Ella for the past three weeks on potty training! She picked it up quite well and during the second week she was telling me when she had to go and we had very few accidents. Then the third week... well it seems as though she forgot everything! I have decided that we will give it till the end of this 4th week and re-evaluate. I think I'd rather have her in diapers (as much as I hate the idea of "failure") when the baby comes than needing to be on top of her while also dealing with the constant demands of an infant. I know the Lord will give me grace no matter what the final decision. It will be interesting to see how it ends up.
She is growing up so much these days! We took her to the doctor with us and she was very happy to hear the baby's heart beat! She loves to talk about her baby Lucas and often asks for him to come out! We've been reading a book about being a big sister and I can already see that she will be a helpful and nurturing big sister!


Hope you enjoy this first post! Be sure to see all our pictures at http://barefam.com/ ! We hope that God is greatly blessing each of your lives!

1 comment:

Julie said...

Ahh...I can see the chubby cheeks!!! Don't you just love ultrasounds??? I can't wait to hear the news that your little boy has arrived safely! :)