Trust in the Lord, and do good; dwell in the land, and cultivate faithfulness. Psalm 37:3
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Search this Blog

Labels

Friday, April 18, 2008

A feeling of failure

Today we gave up on potty training. After a 4 week attempt I decided that Ella just isn't completely ready. As much as she desires to keep her panties dry she just doesn't seem to be able to tell me before it's too late! I also thought it might be best if I didn't have to run to the potty so urgently when the baby comes. Maybe in a month or two, once we get into the swing of things with Lucas here, Ella will be ready to give it a try again. Hopefully giving her some more time will result in a connection between the feeling with the verbal part.

This decision was quite a hard one... Honestly I had to admit that it was my own pride that made me hesitate in letting us "fail". The idea that my baby wasn't as "advanced" as I believe she is and admitting that I couldn't make it happen are humbling. But I think this is the best decision for Ella and us for right now.

I am so thankful that the Lord is Faithful to us!

1 comment:

Julie said...

Krissie, I understand completely!!! We were attempting potty training, and I was so confident Moriah was ready, but she just wasn't! Like Ella, she didn't seem to tell me before she started and I couldn't rush her there in time. It is hard as a parent to think your child should be able to accomplish something when they can't seem to get it. I was reminded of being more understanding of Moriah as I was singing the song He's Still Working On Me to Josiah. Our children are a work in progress, yet we so often expect perfection! :) God give us grace as parents, please!